A quick bio … but .. darn. So much of the world I haven’t seen .. *sigh*
- Born and grew up. Dad was in Air Force so .. Oklahoma, Territory of Alaska, New York, Georgia, England, Arkansas
- US Army 1970-1972. My MOS was 72B – Communications Center Specialist. 18 months service in Vietnam – SSO MACV and SSO Can Tho
- April 1970-September 1970 – SSO MACV, Vietnam
- October 1970-November 1971 – SSO Can Tho, Vietnam
- December 1971-October 1972 – SSO Ft Huachuca, AZ
- School – Auto Mechanics Manpower – 1973
- School – Machine Shop – Vortech 1974-1975
- Machinist – Lion Inc. Houston, TX – 1975
- Machinist – Spencer Iron Works, El Dorado, AR – 1976-1981
- School – General Studies at Temple Junior College – 1982 – I had a good time. I worked bagging groceries at a HEB grocery, working 40 hours a week and going to college full time. I didn’t party .. didn’t do anything except study. Was GREAT! Made the Dean’s list.
- Manager Model Railroad Hobby Shop – 1983
- Apartment Renovation – Dallas, TX – 1983-1986
- US Army 1987-1999. My MOS was 19K – Armor Vechicle Crewman – Tanker.
- FT Hood, TX – 1987-1990 – D Co and C Co 3/32 AR
- Saudi Arabia, Iraq – 1990-1991 – C Co 3/32 AR – AKA . .Desert Storm. Gunner on C 32 into Iraq etc. What a pain in the ass .. a six month field exercise.
- Ft Hood, TX – 1991-1992 – C Co 3/32 AR
- Erlangen, GE – 1992-1993 B Co 2/70 AR
- Vilseck, GE – 1992-1995 – D Co 2/37 AR
- Ft Hunter Liggett, CA – HHC 1/40 AR
- Camp Casey, Korea – D Co 1/72 AR
- US Army Reserve – 1999-2006. My MOS was 55B/89B – Munitions Specialist .. last 5 years were active service. Six months and three months in Kuwait with travels to Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Qatar
- 321st MMC Baton Rouge, LA – 2001-2003
- 321st MMC Arifjan, Kuwait 2003,2004
- 321st MMC Baton Rouge, LA – 2004-2006
- 2006 Retirement
- Moved to Columbia, SC – 2006
- Moved to Lugoff, SC – bought home and set roots – 2007 to present
3 thoughts on “About Me”
It’s good to have you back. I have been periodically visiting the old link in the hope it was just temporary down but obviously that was not the case. I had done several searches on the web until I finally found you again. Is there any way that visits to the old site can be redirected to your new site?
The old site is gone. I went around and around with the so called ‘support staff’ with me finally coming to the conclusion that they lacked the knowledge to do anything that wasn’t on their checklist.
That sounds like some of my conversations with Shapeways!